Thursday, November 11, 2010

Night & Light

Moving Light Capture; 11.9.2010; 8:28 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/22.0; shutter 10.0; Canon Rebel T1i

Moving Light Capture
For this image, I knelt on my bed and shot out my window. With TacoTime and a big yellow crosswalk sign, I thought this would be a good place to have a night shot. Cars traveling on the road also added light streams on the road. I rested my camera on my window sill to prevent shaking and to get a clear image. A 10 second exposure was a good amount of time to caure these traveling lights and soak in the light from the building and sign as well.  


Light Painting; 11.9.2010; 8:29 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/5.0; shutter 10.0 second exposure; Canon Rebel T1i
 
Light Painting
For this image I sat the camera on a book to use as a tripod. I set the camera to shutter priority and set the exposure time to 10 seconds. With the shutter open this long I was able to get the above effect using my cell phone as a light. The reddish tint you see in the corner is the light that leaked through the closed door coming from the hallway. I really liked the effect this technique gave.
 
 
I Love You; 11.9.2010; 11:08 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/29.0; 8 second exposure; Canon Rebel T1i

For this image I had someone help me while I held the camera. I wanted to try another one of these light painting shots, so I had the person stand a fair distance away from me. Using a small flashlight they painted with light. I especially love the little "star" looking sections where the light was held a little longer. I loved the way the image looked and the fun feel that it has.


Camera Motion Painting; 11.9.2010; 8:35 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/11.0; 6 second exposure; Canon Rebel T1i

Camera Motion Painting
For this particular technique I set my camera to Shutter priority and used a 6 second exposure. I sat on my bed and pointed my camera out the window to capture the street lights, car lights, and building lights. I also had the blinds down for this shot, and that is how I achieved the dotted look in some of the lines, along with the shorter lines. I moved my camera quickly while pointing the lens at the lights and created this camera motion painting, 
 
Green & Orange; 11.9.2010; 8:46 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/16.0; 10.0 second exposure; Canon Rebel T1i
 
I chose to include another camera motion picture, because I loved the colors in this one. The image was created from the two smallest lights I could find. I shut off all the lights in my apartment and walked out of my room. The green light was coming from the clothes dryer, so I wanted to try something with that. I then took my computer charger and placed it on top of the dryer, to ge the tiny orange light. I set my camera to shutter priority and gave it a 10 second exposure. I moved the camera quickly to create this colorful effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment