Monday, November 8, 2010

Poster

1. Title: The Window
2. Date, Time, Location: 9.29.2010, 1:34 p.m.; Bannack, MT
3. Camera, F-stop, Shutter Speed: Sony DSC-HX1, Exposure Normal, f/8.0, 1/40
4. Edits: Camera Raw-slightly increased exposure, added fill light, and blacks, boosted clarity a bit and increased saturation and vibrancy. In Photoshop I added two different adjustment layers of hue/saturation to bring out certain areas where I really liked the color. I masked out parts of the photo (mainly the window) to keep them closer to the original colors. I also adjusted levels a bit to get the contrast just right. Originally the photo looked way too "sharp" and it appeared pixely. After some adjusting and even hiding one of my layers I was able to fix the problem and was even happier with the way the photograph looked.
5. Process, why you chose this image(s), and explain your photographic and editing techniques. I chose this image because it is one that I will love hanging in my own apartment/house someday. I love the feel of the photograph and the different colors. I especially loved the outside look and the composition of the photo with the interesting angle. When taking the photograph, I absolutely loved this little blue room and the checkered floor that accented it. I wanted to capture that, and I was pleased with the way the edited photo turned out. To be honest the final outcome kind of just happened. I started with the basic edits like I always do and then tried different filters etc. I didn't like any of the filters that I tried, so then I began adding/playing with the saturation and colors a little bit to make them "pop" more. I have been asked several times if this is an HDR shot, and it is not. It was taken with just a single exposure, but I did love that the final outcome gave it an HDR kind of effect--only I did it all on my own:) The photo has also been mistaken for a painting, and I love that as well because that is kind of my "style" for what I will hang in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment