Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Photolusion

Baking Bread; 10.24.2010; 1:15 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.1; 1/60; Canon Rebel T1i

Water Droplet; 10.19.2010; 5:44 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/5.0; 1/640; Canon Rebel T1i

 This is an example of a Photolusion. A Photolusion is a photo that creates an illusion of something it is not. The image in this blog post is an example of a photolusion blend, which is when two or more images are blended together in Photoshop to create an illusion. 
I took these two images on different days, and had completely different things in mind when I took them. However, when I heard about the Photolusion, these two images came to mind and I wanted to blend them together. I opened both images in Photoshop and made minimal adjustments to saturation to bring out some of the coloring. I then used the quick selection tool to select the girl out of the photo. I took that image and placed it as a new layer in the leaf image. Using the eraser tool and also the paintbrush I helped to smooth some of the edges to make the blend look more realistic and erase hard edges. Through all of these steps I feel I was able to make a successful Photolusion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment