Monday, September 20, 2010

Blends & Type

 
Both of these images were taken at a random spot in Pendleton, Oregon at a random gas station. I just started snapping pictures and was very pleased with what I got! I used the transparent layer technique found in tutorial 27 and stacked my two images. Then I reduced the opacity of the top image in the layers palette to create a nice blend.

  
Tractor; 9/17/2010; 1:49 pm; Pendleton, OR; f/5.0; 1/1000; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS; handheld

  
Nature; 9/17/10; 1:46 pm; Pendleton, OR; f/5.0; 1/400; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS; handheld 

 Richland Dock; 9.18.2010; 2:36 p.m.; Richland, WA; f/3.5; 1/1250; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS

Feet; 9.17.2010; 7:10 p.m.; Richland, WA; f/3.5; 1/50; Canon PowerShot XS120 IS

 
I took both of these pictures in Richland, Washington  over this past weekend. I love the lines the light posts on the dock create, and I felt it blended nicely with the sandals stepping on the textured image. I used Overlay to blend the two layers together and cropped the background image down and rotated it horizontally to fit the feel of the photo better. The clone stamp was used to recreate a section of the blue texture for consistency. Text was added using tutorial 16 and the opacity was reduced to 72%. Overall, I was pleased with the outcome of the image!

6 comments:

  1. it's interesting because the machine actually looks like a bug in the field. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like your depth in your grass picture. somethings are blurry but some stuff is in focus so it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blend! Maybe could have tried to outline the wheat or something. Try to give the wheat sharper edges? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blended picture is very fitting. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blend image is very creative. The two images, while different, go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool last picture. Looks like a music album cover... good job.

    ReplyDelete