Monday, September 27, 2010

Flora & Fauna

Squirrel; 9/23/10; 3:17 p.m.;  Rexburg, ID; f/4.3; 1/320; Canon PowerShot XS120 IS
I was walking home from class one day and saw this squirrel rummaging through the dumpster by my apartment complex. Luckily, I had my camera with me and I was able to capture it in the act. This shot was right after he jumped from the dumpster and was nibbling on his find. I adjusted levels and saturation for this shot and also added a vignette to make a nice looking border.
Cattails; 9/25/10; 3:12 p.m.; Nature Park-Rexburg; ID; f/8.0; 1/320; Canon PowerShot XS120 IS
I went to the Nature Park and loved the beautiful scenery from this place. I have always loved cattails, and I especially loved the look they had with the water in the background. I adjusted levels and saturation for this photo and also added a burned border and used the stroke effect to create the white border.
Goose; 9/25/10; 2:38 p.m.; Nature Park-Rexburg; ID; f/8.0; 1/400; Canon PowerShot XS120 IS
This photo was also taken at the Nature Park. I loved watching this goose swim around and captured this shot at the exact moment I wanted to. Its feet were just above the surface and I loved the way the reflection looked against the rippling water. I adjusted levels and saturation for this shot and also added a cooling adjustment layer to get the cooler temperature feel to the water. There were a few white specks floating in the water that I wanted to get rid of as well, so I used a spot healing brush to do this. I burned the edges and used a simple stroke to create the white outline effect.




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pictures!! You have a fun, creative, clean look :) I'm actually a little curious on how you did the borders? (I did read what you did with the burnt edges and stroke and whatnot...) But I don't know how to do that? I'd love for you to teach me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your borders are nice, and awesome squirrel pic! That's my favorite. All your animal pics turned out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images are really great! I love them all. The timing of the squirrel shot is really awesome and I love the reflection of the goose. Great job!

    ReplyDelete