Monday, September 20, 2010

Color Study: Blue

I absolutely loved this photo study assignment. I couldn't decide on just one color, so I chose about 3 different colors and went to town! Blue is the one I finally decided on, and I had such a fun time finding subjects to photograph. It was a definite learning experience for me to stop and think about depth of field and use Aperture Priority, but I really enjoyed it. I also made an effort to capture a variety of subjects and photo types.

I went to Richland, Washington over the weekend and, oh my goodness, talk about beautiful things to photograph. Each of these photos were taken as my family and I were waiting to be seated at a cute, little Italian restaurant. I was amazed that once I started looking for the color it jumped out everywhere at me. My family even got into the project as well and spotted some really fun things for me to photograph :)

 

BlueBeauty; 9/17/10; 6:51 pm; Richland, WA;  f/8.0;  1/13; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS; Adjusted Levels

Handicap; 9/17/10; 6:56 pm; Richland, WA; f/3.5; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS; Adjusted levels


Outhouses; 9/17/10; 6:56 pm; Richland, WA; f/4.3; 1/80; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS; Adjusted levels/saturation


BlueBench; 9/17/10; 6:48 pm; Richland, WA; f/8.0; 1/20; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS; Adjusted levels/saturation

3 comments:

  1. Blue exists in Idaho? j/k Great contrasting shots. Would have liked to see slightly shallower depth of field, but the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blue images! Great contrast and composition. I like the accent colors of the flowers in the BlueBench image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you can see the textures of the objects in the first two pictures. It makes the blue seem more vibrant.

    ReplyDelete