Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flexible Edits

Picking Cattails; 9/25/10; 3:14 p.m.; Nature Park- Rexburg, ID; f/8.0; 1/100; Canon XS120 IS


Using the tutorial #3 I added an adjustment layer and applied a Multiply blending mode to darken the image. I used a black brush to mask the effect in the background, bringing it back to its original color. Through the use of this adjustment mask I was able to bring the person into the correct exposure.
 

Barber Shop; 9/17/10; 6:54 p.m.; Richland, WA; f/3.5; 1/40; Canon XS120 IS


Using CI tutorial #23, I converted the image to a Smart Object.  From here, I added a few different filters to get the effect I wanted.  First I applied a "Poster Edges" filter, giving it the look of a painting.  I then used a "Texture" filter to give it the soft grainy look. I desaturated the photo a little bit to give it an older feel and created the final touches by adding a vignette and stroke for the border.



3 comments:

  1. I like the edit you did to the barber shop. Good job bringing the guy back into exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the Barber shop. It actually remind me of what a candy shop or something would be like in the 50's :) I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the Barber Shop. The poster edges is really awesome. I also like how you brought the color back to the guy.

    ReplyDelete