Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Portraits

Phil; 9.29.2010; 2:33 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/4.0; 1/60; Sony DSC-HX1

 Sister Esplin; 9.29.2010; 2:32 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/3.5; 1/125; Sony DSC-HX1

I took both of these portraits at Bannack in the saloon. There was excellent lighting shining through the front doors and reflecting on the bar that the models were positioned by. I did a few minor adjustments to saturation in both photos to bring out the great colors. The wood background made for a nice textured backdrop and I couldn't get over how breathtaking the lighting was. A vignette was added to both photos as a finishing touch. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice portraits! You really have great lighting and composition in both of these. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Both of these are really good. I agree with Kristen, really really nice lighting but also great angle on Sister Esplin, I'm not sure if I would have been able to pull that off. And great job using the rule of thirds on Phil. I think it makes it look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your portraits are great. The lighting is wonderful and the color is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Bianca Carreno. I am Sister Esplin's TA and she asked me to look at everyones blog posts. I like a lot of your HDR shots and your first profile shot. His body lands on a third as well as his eyes; it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete