Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Editing Enhancements

PORTRAIT ENHANCEMENTS
 Kylee Door; 10.16.2010; 11:41 a.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/7.1; 1/100; Canon Rebel T1i


For this image I took it into Camera Raw and added contrast and increased vibrancy. Then I took the photo into Photoshop and added a few minimal portrait enhancements. I enhanced her eyes and slightly smoothed out a bit of her skin--she is such a naturally beautiful girl that it was easy to take portraits of her!

REPLACE COLOR
Original
Teague crawling; 9.18.2010; 4:13 p.m.; Richland, WA; f/2.8; 1/160; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS

For this image I used the Color Replacement option in Photoshop to change Teague's shirt color. I used the eyedropper to select the blue color in his shirt and then adjusted hue, saturation, and brightness until I was satisfied with the color. I think I like the original color better, but this was a fun skill to learn.

MATCH COLOR
Original
Liz; 9.29.2010; 2:57 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/3.5; 1/200; Sony DSC-HX1 


Color Match Photo
Phil; 9.29. 2010; 2:52 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/4.0; 1/80; Sony DSC-HX1


Final Match Color 

I loved the way this color match project worked out. I took the original image of Liz while we were at Bannack. When I loaded the image onto my computer I noticed the coloring was out of balance. I also took this photo of Phil in the same location and loved the coloring in the photo. So I used the Match Color feature in Photoshop to combine the two and create this final image. It captured the great colors and light of the second image and added them to the original, and I was pleased with the outcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment