Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Reverse Shallow Depth

Brick Focus Background; 9.29.2010; 9:35 a.m.; Dubois, ID; f/ 2.8; 1/1250; Sony DSC-HX1

Brick Focus Foreground; 9.29.2010; 9:36 a.m.; Dubois, ID; f/2.8; 1/1600; Sony DSC-HX1
Both of these shots were taken in Dubois. I took two shots of the exact same scene with reverse focus points. I used Aperture Priority to select a  small f/stop number so there would be a shallow depth of field. I first pointed the center of the frame on the rocks in the background and held the shutter halfway. Then I re-framed the shot and finished pressing the shutter. I did the same for the second shot, only first focused on the brick directly in front of the camera and then re-framed the shot. I adjusted saturation slightly in both photos and burned the borders.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to get some shots of this brick pile, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work right--but you definitely did! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete