Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Action Blur & Freeze

 Ghost; 9.29.2010; 2:14 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/5.0; 5.0; Sony DSC-HX1; Tripod

Action Freeze; 9.29.2010; 1:35 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/6.3; 1/4000; Sony DSC-HX1; Handheld
The first picture was taken in a random room in one of the houses at Bannack. I positioned my camera on a tripod and also had someone stand in the doorway of the room to help block out some of the light and create more shadows for a more "eerie" feel to the scene. I used shutter priority and set the shutter speed to a 5 second exposure. I added a multiplying layer to darken the photo even more and then masked out the "ghost" to show her going back into hiding. 

For the second picture I found a bright place outside one of the buildings at Bannack and used Shutter Priority to set my camera to a fast shutter speed (1/4000 sec). The model was jumping in mid-air when the shot was captured. 


No comments:

Post a Comment