Monday, October 25, 2010

Scanography

One Scan:
For this project I gathered Halloween items and arranged them on a Lexmark scanner. It took me several tries to get the items in an order that I liked them. I was amazed at how challenging it was to place things where I wanted them, but overall I was pleased with the final product. This scan has no edits.
Spooky; 10.25.2010; 2:32 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; Lexmark Scanner


I had a fun time with the one scans, so I am including a second one that I did. I gathered items from my apartment that represent things that make me happy (family, playing games, jewelry, and coloring!) This scan also took me several tries to arrange the items where I wanted them, but I was happy with the way it turned out.
Happiness; 10.25.2010; 2:05 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; Lexmark Scanner

Collage Scan: 
Pineapple; 10.25.2010; 2:34 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; Lexmark Scanner

Artichoke; 10.25.2010; 2:45 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; Lexmark Scanner

 Pumpkins; 10.25.2010; 2:36 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; Lexmark Scanner

For this collage scan I did individual scans of the two tiny pumpkins, a pineapple, and an artichoke. I then opened each of the individual photos in Camera Raw and adjusted exposure and added contrast to brighten the images. I took them from Camera Raw into Photoshop and drug the layers on top of one another to create one image. I placed the different produce images in the areas I felt they best fit and used the erase tool to show the images in the layers beneath. I then merged the layers and added an adjustment layer to increase the saturation a bit more of the overall image. I used a combination of the spot healing tool and the paintbrush tool to soften some of the harsh "glares" created from the scanner light and also to match the black background color throughout the entire image. I thought the final product turned out nicely. And who know you could do these sort of things with a scanner?!

No comments:

Post a Comment