Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Camera Raw Editing

Vanity; 10.12.2010; 11:40 a.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.5; 1/8; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS

This image was taken in my apartment. I walked out of my room and thought it would be fun to have a picture of what a girl's apartment looks like. I love the story the image tells and the things associated with it, and tried to get some Bokeh in the image. I took the image into Camera Raw and first increased the exposure a little bit. I made some minor changes with the highlights and shadows by adjusting the fill light and recovery tabs. I added some blacks and increased the contrast and vibrancy of the image.


Balloons; 10.12.2010; 11:37 a.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 1/13; Canon PowerShot SX120 IS

This image was taken at my apartment on my roommate's birthday. I opened the image in Camera Raw and adjusted the exposure a bit. I also added some fill light and recovery to help with the shadows and highlights and added contrast and clarity to the image as well. I also cropped off a portion of the image.

 Stranded; 9.29.2010;  2:14 p.m.; Bannack Ghost Town, MT; f/8.0; 1/160; Sony DSC-HX1

This shot was taken during our Bannack trip. I loved the angle on the photo, but knew that it needed some extra boosts to help make it pop. I opened the image in Camera Raw and adjusted the exposure down a bit and made some adjustments to the shadows and highlights. I also added some clarity to the image to make it crisper, and I love the detail that it brought out in the wood. I finished by opening it in photoshop and adding a vignette. I think the final outcome turned out much better than the original image.

5 comments:

  1. Camera RAW is such a powerful and fast editing platform. I love it! The clarity helped a lot. You improved color very well. I also like the vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your edits. I really like the angle of the shot in the vanity. The color you added in camera raw really makes the photo stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you brought out the colors on the balloons and made the walls and door white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, the colors all look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice brightness! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete