Monday, September 13, 2010

Past Photos

I love taking pictures! I tried to choose a variety of photos that I have taken, and in the process realized that I love taking photos of nature. There is just something about it that makes me want to freeze that moment in time-how it looks, how it feels and revisit that place at another time. I hope you enjoy!

 
Arizona Christmas: December 28, 2008; 11:59 a.m.; Phoenix, Arizona; f/4.4;  1/400;  Casio EX-Z75



Fisherman's Sunset; September 4, 2010; 7:56 p.m.; Island Park, ID;  f/5.9;  1/160; Casio EX-Z75



Berry Frost; January 29, 2010; 12:39 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/8.4;  1/400; Casio EX-Z75

 

Cracked Wood; May 19, 2009; 8:35 p.m.; Inkom, ID; f/3.1;  1/50; Casio EX-Z75


 
Camping Boys; September 4, 2010; 2:26 p.m.; Island Park, ID; f/4.0;  1/60; Casio EX-Z75
I have never done any major editing and that is what I am most excited for in this course. In all of the pictures above the only editing that was done was color enhancement through iPhoto and Gaussian blur in the bottom photo. I am anxious to learn new skills and am so excited to enhance my own photos and create new masterpieces. 







6 comments:

  1. You take nice nature pics. My favorite is the cracked wood, It's really unique and I like the subtle green from the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos! I especially like the close up of the cracked wood. It really shows the detail and beauty in something so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures make me want to be there! I believe that is a great thing to capture in photography. Well done on the color enhancement these are beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done an excellent job with texture. The frost on the branches and wood texture were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fishermans sunset is my favorite. i love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooo!! I totally would blow that berry picture up and frame it in a black wood frame!! AMAZING!!:) That would be so pretty and great home decor. Where in the house can we put that.....hmmmmmmm!!;)

    ReplyDelete